Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

98 CLK 320 - I want NAV - help?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
98 CLK320
98 CLK 320 - I want NAV - help?

Hey guys, I just got my real estate license so i'll be driving my new-to-me 98 clk320 to a lot of foreign addresses and could use a stereo upgrade/nav system. I want something that I can also hook my Ipod up to and possibly blue tooth. I dont know much on the topic so I was hoping for some direction from someone who is more knowledgeable. Prices are appreciated too, don't want to break the bank. Thanks!

-Sully from Philly
Old 05-18-2011, 06:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2003 S210 3.8L Brabus wagon
Hey Sully
Adding Command/Nav to an existing non Command car is pricey. Figure about $500 for a refurbed unit (ie The Blaupunk Store on Ebay, they are good) $300 for the new face cover (from Mymercedesparts.com, ask for Bob Rox) and a couple hundred for the additional harness and misc parts. The units and parts are geting harder to find in salvage. Then the discs/s would be from 100$US to $275US depending on the model and they won't be more current than the latest December 2010 release and about every three years thereafter. For new developments you may be visiting they may not be in the system yet. Better to go with the Garmin Nuvi or similar which updates via satelite regularly and for only $200 all in..
Old 05-19-2011, 04:55 PM

98 CLK320
Originally Posted by ejsheltra
Hey Sully
Adding Command/Nav to an existing non Command car is pricey. Figure about $500 for a refurbed unit (ie The Blaupunk Store on Ebay, they are good) $300 for the new face cover (from Mymercedesparts.com, ask for Bob Rox) and a couple hundred for the additional harness and misc parts. The units and parts are geting harder to find in salvage. Then the discs/s would be from 100$US to $275US depending on the model and they won't be more current than the latest December 2010 release and about every three years thereafter. For new developments you may be visiting they may not be in the system yet. Better to go with the Garmin Nuvi or similar which updates via satelite regularly and for only $200 all in..
yeeesh, thanks for the heads up, I knew it was expensive but didnt know it would run me THAT much. I guess I'll just stick to the Nuvi and upgrade my stereo to be just a stereo. I'm wondering what will look right in my car, I dont want anything too flashy since it wouldnt go with the interior. Guess I've got some searching to do...
Old 05-19-2011, 05:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
not installed.... Alpine has a nav, dvd, ipod, and bluetooth for $999

I have used many of them and they are very reliable...
Old 05-19-2011, 05:36 PM

98 CLK320
Originally Posted by jbondox
not installed.... Alpine has a nav, dvd, ipod, and bluetooth for $999

I have used many of them and they are very reliable...
Oh yea? Whats it called? Any idea what installation would run me?