Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sat Nav E320

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2003 | 09:52 AM

E320 CDI
Sat Nav E320

Does anyone know of a Radio / Sat Nav unit (1 Din if poss) that will intergrate with the Dash Command system? I wan't to keep the steering wheel controls for the integrated Nokia phone. Also has anyone fitted a Audio 30 APS in a W210?
Old 05-22-2003 | 03:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Re: Sat Nav E320

Originally posted by Dozza
Does anyone know of a Radio / Sat Nav unit (1 Din if poss) that will intergrate with the Dash Command system? I wan't to keep the steering wheel controls for the integrated Nokia phone. Also has anyone fitted a Audio 30 APS in a W210?
Steve (MBenzNL) has fitted the APS30 in some weird things, so I think that a W210 will be absolutely no problem for him. Contact him at s_krabbenborg@hotmail.com ...

But, have you considered a COMAND unit? This also functions perfectly with your steering wheel controls, and is not terribly expensive. Steve can do this, too.

-s-
Old 07-10-2003 | 09:13 AM

C220 Cdi
I have just fitted the APS 30 to my C220 CDi.

The unit works perfectly, and only took me 35 mins to fit, thanks to the help of some nice posts in this forum.

I had to take the car to the Merc workshop to have the navigation "enabled" through the Star Command, thus enebling me to use the steering wheel for navigation and the in dash screen for the graphics.

The CD & Radio etc did work OK on the dash screen and I could change channels and CD tracks using the steering wheel before the navigation was Enabled. The only benefit of having this work done was to have the turn-by-turn on the centre dash, and to be able to control the navigation part of the unit from the steering wheel.