Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

V60 CLK phone question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2003, 05:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 CLK 500
Question V60 CLK phone question

I have an '03 CLK 500 w/o the command but with the V60 voice activated phone. I had the same set up (no voice activation) in my E500. My question is when someone leaves me a voicemail or a text message, shouldn't there be a some sort of indication without looking at the phone itselft. Also shouldn't I be able to read the text message?

Both of the features were part of my E500 so I thought that the CLK would be the same. It seems odd that the only way to read a text message and just to see if I have a message is to check the phone itself.
Old 05-25-2003, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
You should be able to set the phone up to emit a warning sound when a voice mail is received.

As far as reading the text msgs, without COMAND, you can not do this. You will need to read them through your phone.
Old 05-25-2003, 06:25 PM

2003 CLK 500
Thanks Adam, the instruction booklet for the phone says that I should be able to read text messages without stating that it only works with the command systems, but you are obviously correct. I find it odd that it worked in my E500 which also did not have command. I wish the dealer had explained this to me before I accepted delivery.

I asked them if I could add command but they said "no it is not possible."
Old 05-25-2003, 10:04 PM

'14 A6 3.0 TFSI
It is most certainly possible to add comand after the fact. Many service dept's tell you it's not possible, but it is. Trying searching other forums adn look for MBenzNL. His name is Steve and he has added command to many people's vehicles.