Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Phone mic problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'18 G550, '11 SLS AMG, '21 GLE63s, '19 GLS450, '06 Ferrari F430 Spider & '06 612 Scaglietti HGTS
Phone mic problem

I have a 2007 S65 AMG and a few months ago my COMAND software was upgraded during a service. Since then the phone mic does not work on an intermittent and unpredictable basis. The phone connects but the recipient only hears silence. Voice command works when this mic does not work, so it is isolated to the phone. I have two other MBs and my phone/bluetooth works fine. It is isolated to this car, is independent of the cell phone, and has been in service at least 4 times without any correction. Any ideas short of replacing the whole system? Thanks
Old 07-04-2011, 04:52 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
05 CL65 AMG, 07 Ferrari F430, 03 Range Rover HSE
This is a problem in the UHI - not actually the mic. Tell the dealership to change or check the UHI (since it is intermittent, it will probably require a replacement). The mic array is wired directly to the bus that the Voice Control and UHI are on. Since it works with the VCM always, it can only be the UHI module.