Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Pioneer AVIC Unit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 02:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Ml350
Pioneer AVIC Unit

I have 09 ML350 with the HK Sound system i am trying to install a Pioneer AVIC unit in there because i hate the comand unit that is in there, does anyone know were i can get the parts like the dash kits and harness and steering wheel kits from. Any help please. I just don' t know where to start from. Thank You everyone
Old 07-21-2011, 09:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2003 CLK 320
when i started, first i found some guys on the c class forum since clk and c have the same base. however, since the ML has no real predecessor, it wouldnt hurt for you to go to a custom audio shop and ask to see if it will fit. according to a quick search from the site i got all my audio accessories from, it wont.

you may need some custom work done to get an avic to fit. but dont hold me on that, i dont know the interior of an ML ahah. but my suggestion wold be to see an audio place to see if it would fit and what stuff you might need.

EDIT: a quick google search brought me to this:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/audi...007-ml350.html

doesnt sound like the owner was very pleased however, to each his own. be prepared to spend some bank as i foresaw that this would happen to him. when doing a audio headunit on a mercedes, its gonna cost you...you will need new amp to the speakers and an optional amp for the sub. the steering wheel and bluetooth can be added with a pac audio unit.

Last edited by bheng; 07-21-2011 at 09:30 PM.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 E320 CDI (sold); 2007 R320 CDI (sold); 2008 ML320 CDI; 2014 ML350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by bheng
doesnt sound like the owner was very pleased however, to each his own. be prepared to spend some bank as i foresaw that this would happen to him. when doing a audio headunit on a mercedes, its gonna cost you...you will need new amp to the speakers and an optional amp for the sub. the steering wheel and bluetooth can be added with a pac audio unit.
I put Kenwood DNX9140 to my car and I am OK with result. As you mentioned, I put new sub (JBL) next to existing to avoid re-wiring speakers.

All required parts (harness, mask,...) I bought in UK due to I couldn't have found any seller here in USA/Canada.

Question: how to integrate steering wheel commands with aftermarket unit?
Old 07-22-2011, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2003 CLK 320
you have to buy a pac audio unit for a kenwood. you have to self wire and program.

just google pac audio for more info