Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

W211 - install rear deck speakers - help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 01:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 e320 cdi
Question W211 - install rear deck speakers - help

So my initial thought was to install a rear sub in the trunk or in replacement of the stock center rear deck factory 'sub' using a LOC on the rear deck speakers and wire the amp to the trunk battery and done...

wrong...

upon getting into the trunk, and attempting to locate the wires, i came to find out that the CDI model E-Class does not have any rear deck speakers all together?!?!

So my help is in regards to the install overall...does anyone have any experience in either knowing if there or speaker wires extended in the area by the factory, enabling me to buy some factory speakers online and plug and play (i can only hope) and therefore do the idea I mentioned above

OR

has anyone extended or wired in speakers, fresh, to the rear deck? And if so, how did you go about it, or is it worth taking to a shop to have it wired in?

And lastly, if new wires need to be extended, is there any way to pull this all off so the factory comand will recognize the newly installed speakers when adjusting the fade, etc settings?

Thanks very much in advance
GC
Old 08-04-2011, 06:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
your rear speakers are in the door... your amp/gateway is in the trunk left side... if you have the sub in the factory location, use those wires for the new sub signal feed... disconnect the mic input to the amp or the audio is going to be funky
Old 09-13-2011, 11:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 e320 cdi
Yeah, the problem is-is that there are no factory speakers nor the factory 'sub' in the rear deck for me to tap into for my line output converter. I went to three shops today to have them install the LOC and two flat out refused as they say they dont want to risk problems with messing with a benz and another was going to charge out to @ss and wasn't specific on how he was going to do it, so I said no thanks.

I am in a crux for adding in the LOC due to the aforementioned lack of speakers/sub wires to tap off of, and am hoping someone here can tell and/or show me how and where to tap for adding in the LOC. The rest shouldn't be a problem, but it's the lack of knowledge and answers on where to turn to due to no rear deck speakers...

anyone?

thanks