Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Where does Command Import Contacts from exactly?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
Where does Command Import Contacts from exactly?

Hi,

I am an IT Manager, and am trying to sync BlackBerry contacts to the 2010 CL300 Command. I have the phone authorized, and can receive phone calls no problem.

When I got to select "Import Contact List" it is greyed out. Can you please tell me why it is greyed out?

And where does the contacts list come from? Is it the Blackberry contact list, or the SIM Card contact list, or this "vcard" list?

Can the blackberry work on a BES? If so is there a specific policy setting I need to employ?

Does Command automatically import from the blackberries memory on every connect, or does it store the numbers on the Commands memory permanently?

Any help is very much appreciated. I attempted to search the forums (and the interwebs) but couldn't find what I was looking for.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 295 Likes on 247 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
I'm not familiar with Blackberry/RIM products but if you have a W204 C300 (not a CL300), the head unit expects the Bluetooth profile PBaP being supported by the phone. I assume your phone does not support this profile which is why the menu is not available.

You have an option to transfer your phone book with another phone and it would remain available from Comand when you are using the BB phone.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:00 PM

2012 GLK 350--AMG Package 20" Chromed Wheels, Loaded
importing blackberry contacts

I have a 2009 E350 and a Blackberry 9800 Torch smartphone (ATT). My phone automatically downloaded (or uploaded) all of my contacts (on BB from sync with outlook) to my Command system instantly and with out any problem.

However it will not do that in my wife's 2009 C350 (same phone though she does not have the command system with nav) nor will it do it with a new 2012 GLK350 I just ordered. both phones work fine bluetooth wise.

We tried to upload them from my phone today to a new GLK350 Command system, sitting on the showroom floor and it wouldn't do it. As mentioned before, it was "grayed" out. The "Import Busienss Cards" was available but it wouldn't upload the contacts either. Does anyone have an idea why this would work on my 90' E350 and not the 2012 Command system?
Lastly I'm using a scan card with music on it in my E-Class (has small slot in dash) and would like to know if that size card will work with the adapter they require you to buy to use in the new system? Thank you!
Old 09-23-2011, 05:12 PM

Still hoping someone can answer the question why the contacts on a BB 9800 (torch-ATT) will upload to my 2009 E350 Command System but not to a new 2012 GLK350 Command System. We tried on Showroom floor and it wouldn't up load them. It won't on my wife's 2009 C-Class either but I imagine that is because she does not have the Command System. Both Blackberry's work fine with the bluetooth syncs though. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Old 09-26-2011, 03:49 PM

Just found this older post with the following instructions to upload your contacts from your Blackberry to the Command Multi-Media system in your CL. Hope this works for you if you still need it. Let us know if it works please! can't hurt to try it.Thanks

The following instructions are to be done on the Blackberry, when it is connected to the COMMAND system:-
(1) Click on the Set Up Bluetooth icon.
(2) Select MB Bluetooth
(3) Select Transfer Address Book.

The phone numbers are then transferred from the Blackberry to the car system.

To update the phone numbers in the future, first delete the data base on the COMMAND system, and then reload the phone numbers using the 3 steps outlined above.

You might get an error of "object push server" while sending contacts from the above mentioned procedure. The only thing you have to do is to disconnect your phone (hands free service) and then send the contacts. You must connect back the hands free service after you finished sending the contacts.

There is another way to enable push server mode and that is by going to blue tooth Options. From update list of services, change hands free unit to object push. Transfer your contacts and revert the object push to hands free unit.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:42 PM

2015 VW GTI.S4; 2016 Audi Q3 Prestige
Originally Posted by go1ndr
Just found this older post with the following instructions to upload your contacts from your Blackberry to the Command Multi-Media system in your CL. Hope this works for you if you still need it. Let us know if it works please! can't hurt to try it.Thanks

The following instructions are to be done on the Blackberry, when it is connected to the COMMAND system:-
(1) Click on the Set Up Bluetooth icon.
(2) Select MB Bluetooth
(3) Select Transfer Address Book.

The phone numbers are then transferred from the Blackberry to the car system.

To update the phone numbers in the future, first delete the data base on the COMMAND system, and then reload the phone numbers using the 3 steps outlined above.

How do we do this in COMAND?
Old 11-01-2011, 06:21 PM

Many thanks MBNA109!
I played around with it until I got it to download exactly as you posted below. In my 09 E350, it downloaded automatically when I first synced my BB bluetooth to it, but in my wife's 09 C300, it didn't and we had to use this method. It is a pain to have to delete and update for the contacts but not the end of the world.
I am going to take deliver of my new GLK350 the end of this month that I ordered and my guess is it will be similar to my wife's C-Class when it comes to down loading the phones. You would think with all the brilliance combined in the tech departments at MB, they would make it an automatic sync when you turn on the car like the older models with the Motorola phones in them--LOL--they've gone backwards
Thanks again and hopefully these forums will keep this post for others that need it in the future. Best regards!