Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

TV Tuner/DVD Picture problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2003 | 01:32 AM
Almost a Member!

TV Tuner/DVD Picture problems

I am having an intermittant problem with my tv tuner. I have it connected to my euro comand with a portable dvd player connected to one of the av ports. It's been very cool having tv/dvd access for the family but every so often, the picture goes out of wack and starts scrolling from right to left. You can barely make out the picture. Sometimes the picture vibrates a bit....and then it all mysteriously goes away and the picture is fine. It's happened before I had the interlocks removed but since I've had the tv/dvd on a lot more after the interlocks were removed, it's become a bit irritating.

Has anybody had these problems? Any input? Any solutions?
Old 06-21-2003 | 03:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E250D
sync

Sounds line your horizontal sync is out of tune. You may have to check the Tuner box for an adjustment. I just got mine but have not installed my tuner yet. I hav not even looked at it as I am out of the coutry. Check my site also.

www.mercedesmods.com
Old 06-21-2003 | 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
I am having an intermittant problem with my tv tuner. I have it connected to my euro comand with a portable dvd player connected to one of the av ports. It's been very cool having tv/dvd access for the family but every so often, the picture goes out of wack and starts scrolling from right to left. You can barely make out the picture. Sometimes the picture vibrates a bit....and then it all mysteriously goes away and the picture is fine. It's happened before I had the interlocks removed but since I've had the tv/dvd on a lot more after the interlocks were removed, it's become a bit irritating.

.............what you describe is a TV reception problem that has no solotion until someone develops cable TV for automobiles. This is why the big vans have big weired looking objects on top of them. These objects are actually satellite receivers. YOur reception is a function of the direction of your antenna. When you are in motion this direction constantly changes and the reception is poor and the Comand interprets it as an out of sync picture. I bet this does not happen with your DVD.

Ted
Old 06-21-2003 | 07:43 PM
Almost a Member!

Thanks guys for a little feedback.

Ted: The problem I'm describing happens when I am watching tv or watching a dvd. It even occurs when I have the tv menu on to switch to av1 or av2.

Sunman: I didn't realize that there was an adjustment switch on the tuner. Could you describe the location for me?

That all being said, I just came home from a road trip to Yosemite and this problem happened only for a short period on the trip of maybe three minutes out of 7 hours of dvd time. And of the 7 hours, my son watched 6 hours straight without any problem. Before the trip, it was occuring maybe 25% of the time. Very weird.