Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Radio Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2003, 06:38 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 CL55
Radio Issue

I am curious if anyone else has this problem who also has the Motorola V60 phone option with the car.

Once I plug the phone in and put the radio on, after a couple of minutes or so, the radio cuts out and turns silent for all of a second or two then comes back on. No idea why this happens as it doesnt occur all the time but often enough that its annoying.

Also, for some reason, even though I show full signal strength on the radio, I still hear static in the sound of the radio when I have th phone plugged into the base of the car (when phone is not being used). Sound is very clear with CD but radio is absolutely horrible.

Anyone having this problem?
Old 06-08-2003, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
The mute is indicative of a voice mail. This is how the system at default lets you know you have a voice mail.
Old 06-09-2003, 08:56 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 CL55
Actually it happens even if I dont have a voice mail - just cuts out...then radio comes back on a little lower. Very unusual.

I think there is something messed up in my circuitry related to the radio.