Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

XM Radio Not Working !!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 07:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 SLK230 : 2008 E350
XM Radio Not Working !!

Hey Guys,

Anyone ever have an issue with the XM/Serius system failing all together.

Got in the car the other day and was getting an message stating we we not subscribed along with the ESN number and a phone for to call XM.

Our subscription is up to date so I knew that wasn't an issue...called them and they tried to refresh the radio....no help. The rep was telling me to put it on a specific channel...and I could even do that.

Had to end the call and told her I'd call back later if need be. Later when I got in the car, it was just giving me a searching for satellite indication. Then it finally went back to the not subscribed/ESN number screen.

All other functions on the radio work fine...NAV is fine.

Anyone ever experience this? Car is just out of warranty and I'll be very disappointed if there is some kind of hardware failure

08 E350

-Jeff
Old 10-28-2011, 01:48 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
05 CL65 AMG, 07 Ferrari F430, 03 Range Rover HSE
The receiver is in the trunk, left side. Unplug it. Wait 2 minutes. Plug it back in. Let car run outside with clear view of SW sky for 10-15 minutes. If it does not pop back on, log into your account online and send a refresh signal yourself (don't call - they are idiots). Wait another 15 minutes.
If all above fails, you have a failed antenna, cable or tuner. Only swapping will determine which.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:37 AM

Good advice! Will let you know the results!

Thanks!
Old 01-11-2012, 12:14 PM

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Cartronics
The receiver is in the trunk, left side. Unplug it. Wait 2 minutes. Plug it back in. Let car run outside with clear view of SW sky for 10-15 minutes. If it does not pop back on, log into your account online and send a refresh signal yourself (don't call - they are idiots). Wait another 15 minutes.
If all above fails, you have a failed antenna, cable or tuner. Only swapping will determine which.
Finally getting around to mess with this. On the left side of the trunk, there is a panel I can open....inside there is the fuse block, the Navigation DVD drive and a module mounted below that.

Apparently this module is part of the Tire Pressure monitoring system...when I unplug it and turn the car on , it displays error messages concerning the tire monitoring.

I don't see any other obvious panels to access modules.

Any other suggestions on where to look for this?

Again this is a 2008 E350.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:32 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
05 CL65 AMG, 07 Ferrari F430, 03 Range Rover HSE
You have to pull back the carpet liner (not just the door)
Old 05-23-2012, 05:40 PM

E320CDI
cartronics

So has anyone been able to get in touch with Brain Adams from cartronics latley ?