Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

W212 E 250 CDI On Turkey TV Free Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 07:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W204 C 320 CDI
W212 E 250 CDI On Turkey TV Free Problem

Hello Everybody.

I signed up this forum nearly one year before. I always read your articles and learning best information from your forum's qualified members. Thanks for it.

I have a problem with comand head unit and i wish to ask you.

I have W212 E 250 CDI car in Turkey. It has got factory Audio 20 Sound System. I was buy a NTG 4 comand navigation system while i was in Germany. I retrofit the new navigation at Mercedes Benz Service in Turkey. The Service person makes the SCN Code very well. He updates the comand head unit to latest software version.

Then he plug my TV Free box. I buy that TV Free box from ebay.co.uk. The item comes to me from England with post. I think it is universal because lots of car manufacturer name is written on the box . Example : porsche , vw , audi , bmw ......... etc. TV FREE manifacturer is : XCARLINK

This is the photo of TV Free :

When i start my car and going on my way there is no problem on watching video while driving my car nearly on 1 or 2 hours. After 1 or 2 Hours , i see a flashing error on my comand screen. The Error is ' comand now switching off'. When i see this error comand can not switching it self off but the error comes to screen and goes again. After 5 or 10 flashes, the head unit button lights are gone then the CAN BUS breaks the connection with Comand head unit. The instrument cluster don't show information about comand head unit.

I try to take the TV FREE switches diffirent mode. In it's user guide, in comand old version DIP Switch must be all of them OFF mode , In the latest comand software version switches must be first one ON , the other ones are OFF. I try this but i can not see any solution. I try the different switches mode but it does not work.

I think CAN BUS detects the car speed from the navigations COMPASS, because it is working while TV FREE activated.

I buy two TV FREE boxes. They are same. Two of them makes the same error. I have not got a different TV FREE to try.

What's is my problem? How can i find a solution to watch DVD while driving my car? Could you prefer a TV Free box for me? Who is it's manufacturer?

This is my Comand Software version :

Best Regards. Thanks for your interest.

Last edited by gudikcik; 11-08-2011 at 07:58 AM.