Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Mods / Tweaks / Hacks for Mercedes

Old 02-08-2012, 05:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CLS550
Mods / Tweaks / Hacks for Mercedes

I have been an Audi guy for a number of years. Please don't hold that against me as I am now the happy owner of a 2012 CLS550. With VW and Audi, an owner had access to pretty much every electronic setting on the car including the brightness of each bulb in the taillights using a ODB-USB device called a VAG-COM (from RossTech).

I have searched Google and various MB forums and have seen zero discussion of electronic modification of MB cars. VW/Audi are very open with their electronics, however many other makes allow this as well to some degree. I find it hard to believe that there is absolutely no access to mods on a MB. Should I start believing, or am I missing something?
Old 02-13-2012, 12:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
really nothing to modify, which allows you to play with vag (from females) vs your car

performance, send off to renntech or brabus
Old 02-15-2012, 04:47 PM
v12

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
clk270 cdi
DAS Star Diag in Developer Mode.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CLS550
I have the same 2012 CLS550, and am very disappointed with the HK audio - more specifically, the lack of bass. I am looking for some kind of bass upgrade that is the least intrusive to the trunk space etc. Been looking into the Infinity Basslink solution, but before I pulled the trigger wanted to know if there is a certain placement that works best for the CLS? Also, any rattles I would expect by having this box in the trunk?
Sorry to threadjack!