Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Improving on the Premium Audio (C207)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 11:16 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
'13 S5 Coupe
Improving on the Premium Audio (C207)

First posted this in the 207 Forum as I thought I might get some relevant responses from those who may have upgraded their Coupe audio systems. Now posting here for any/all thoughts/opinions/options.

New the forum, and soon to be new to the marque. As my username indicates, I intend on acquiring an E350C4, probably 2013 model. The other day, I test drove both the C and E Coupes which helped to confirm my choice between the two. The issue I have ... even though the HK Logic7 system comes across better than your standard/upgraded Bose systems, I'm still not all that impressed by the overall sonic range ... mainly the upper end, which considering the only tonal controls you have are the equivalent to a treble and base pot isn't very surprising. I was hoping to be able to get away from spending $'s on aftermarket upgrades, but it appears I may not be able to avoid this afterall since there is nothing more detailed (like a hidden menu eq) than the two sliders that I am aware of. I did a quick search in this and the Audio Forums, but didn't find anything specific to the topic. So, my question would be what, if anything, has anybody done to improve the overall sound coming out of the HK systems? Not wanting to rebuild the complete audio system (although when I first opened the trunk my first thoughts went to the room which could accomodate aftermarket amps etc), but something that could allow for finer tweaks to the listening environment. By comparison, I remember how impressed I was with the HK non Logic 7 system in the (then) new 2nd Gen SLKs I looked at, because I believe that system sounded much cleaner than what I heard the other day. This would only apply to the current E model Coupes. Tks for your comments/insights.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 E320
My understanding about the audio is there isn't much that can be done... Upgrade the subwoofer; or rip/replace speakers, wiring, and amps.

I'm having factory sub removed and new one installed Friday in my E320. Audio shop (I trust) says the speakers aren't that bad but are compensating for the weak sub. We shall see...