Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

iPhone Phonebook Import

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL450
iPhone Phonebook Import

Okay. I was a little scared about complications using the COMMAND SYSTEM to import my iPhone phonebook on my new 2012 GL450, but while the system is not user friendly compared to the iDrive on my M3, I didn't have any trouble importing the phonebook from my iPhone. However, unlike my M3, which gives me the option on how to organize my contacts -- e.g., by first or last name -- on my GL450, there does not appear to be any options. In other words, I can only list it as LAST NAME, FIRST NAME. Is this right? Appreciate benefiting from the experience of others.

Thanks
Old 03-24-2012, 12:09 PM

2015 VW GTI.S4; 2016 Audi Q3 Prestige
Originally Posted by rfalls
Okay. I was a little scared about complications using the COMMAND SYSTEM to import my iPhone phonebook on my new 2012 GL450, but while the system is not user friendly compared to the iDrive on my M3, I didn't have any trouble importing the phonebook from my iPhone. However, unlike my M3, which gives me the option on how to organize my contacts -- e.g., by first or last name -- on my GL450, there does not appear to be any options. In other words, I can only list it as LAST NAME, FIRST NAME. Is this right? Appreciate benefiting from the experience of others.

Thanks
Which iPhone do you have?
How were you able to import the contacts into COMAND? Bluetooth?
Old 03-24-2012, 06:14 PM

GL450
I have the 4s. I just plugged my iPhone into the iPhone jack in the glovebox. There was an import setting under telephone.