Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

NEW USER...COMAND HELP PLEASE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 11:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C250 Coupebwith lane tracking, blind spot assist and navi.
NEW USER...COMAND HELP PLEASE

So I just bought a 2012 c250 coupe with lane tracking, blind spot assist and navi. I don't know too much about it but I think I'm doing ok...I cannot figure out how to download my contacts from my iPhone address book to the address book in COMAND...I know it syncs when Bluetooth is on but can it stay in the COMAND hard drive? Also, is there a way to sort the address book contact names by first name first and last name last? Help!!!
Old 05-01-2012, 02:48 PM

ML 350 BlueTec
I have tested the Comand addressbook & it definitely has imported all my contacts from my Galaxy S2. It didn't sync them because they are still there even when the phone is not. If I switch off the car & come back the next day, the contacts are there so it's an import not a sync.
I have looked everywhere but I can't find a solution for the problem of sorting the contacts by first name. Hope someone can find a solution
Old 05-01-2012, 05:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
The Address Book software on my Mac has a sort option in the "Address Book preferences" allowing first name to be displayed before, or after last name. That option changes the sort of names on my iPhone, and thus in the COMAND.

I have no idea of how Windows contact managers/address books handle this.

But even better, your iPhone "Settings" menu can change the display, at least on the phone. I don't know if it will change the way your COMAND displays them. Go to Settings>Mail, contacts and calendar>tap display order>(first name or last name). Then, you'll have to re-import them to COMAND.

It's in the iPhone instruction manual at http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/...user_guide.pdf

Last edited by Skylaw; 05-01-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Skylaw
The Address Book software on my Mac has a sort option in the "Address Book preferences" allowing first name to be displayed before, or after last name. That option changes the sort of names on my iPhone, and thus in the COMAND.

I have no idea of how Windows contact managers/address books handle this.

But even better, your iPhone "Settings" menu can change the display, at least on the phone. I don't know if it will change the way your COMAND displays them. Go to Settings>Mail, contacts and calendar>tap display order>(first name or last name). Then, you'll have to re-import them to COMAND.

It's in the iPhone instruction manual at http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/...user_guide.pdf
It doesn't change it on the COMAND display.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:18 AM

ML 350 BlueTec
No luck here either
I am on a Mac with contacts sorted by first name
Comand still displays them last name first
Old 05-02-2012, 01:19 PM

So annoying! Does Mercedes ever have updates for COMAND? And if so how is it doenloaded