Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Frustrated C63 Owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 06:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG Saloon
Frustrated C63 Owner

Guy's,

I have today luckily picked up a new C63 AMG, but the novelty has worn off pretty quickly with MB Online!

Can you help me answer a few questions, as the dealer has not got a clue! Im UK Based, so that might change a few answers.

1) on my BMW (sorry) i went onto Google maps and send the CAR a message on where i was going - I opened it in messages and it took me to the SAT NAV and right to the door (over 300) times! Can you do this with Mercedes - Google Maps has a MB pull down then wants an MBRACE e-mail address - how do you set that up?

2) I own an I-phone 4S - searching the forums it seems to be the worst phone for MB users, do I take it I wont be able to use the Online function with an I-Phone?

The car is awesome, but its the little things that seems to be so far behind even though the dealer assured me that it work in the same way as my BMW did.

All you help is much appreciated
Old 05-04-2012, 07:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 Sedan
Originally Posted by Steve Houlder
Guy's,

I have today luckily picked up a new C63 AMG, but the novelty has worn off pretty quickly with MB Online!

Can you help me answer a few questions, as the dealer has not got a clue! Im UK Based, so that might change a few answers.

1) on my BMW (sorry) i went onto Google maps and send the CAR a message on where i was going - I opened it in messages and it took me to the SAT NAV and right to the door (over 300) times! Can you do this with Mercedes - Google Maps has a MB pull down then wants an MBRACE e-mail address - how do you set that up?

2) I own an I-phone 4S - searching the forums it seems to be the worst phone for MB users, do I take it I wont be able to use the Online function with an I-Phone?

The car is awesome, but its the little things that seems to be so far behind even though the dealer assured me that it work in the same way as my BMW did.

All you help is much appreciated
I'm sorry in advance, and I don't mean to be a d**k, but I have to at your frustration! I can't believe such thing wore off your excitement this quick!
Old 05-05-2012, 03:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG Saloon
Originally Posted by tasho3
I'm sorry in advance, and I don't mean to be a d**k, but I have to at your frustration! I can't believe such thing wore off your excitement this quick!
Don't get me wrong, I still have a smile on my face from the engine lol but seriously you pay upwards of 60k for a motor and it doesn't do in telematics terms anything that a 15k Skoda will do??? I use my car every day for work and sat nav is important to me, I was told it would do the same as previous cars. Hey ho!