Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

installing a powered-sub

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2002, 11:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: Sitting behind thing freakin desk of mine. Dreaming I was playing my Taylors, and driving my Benz. Long Live The VRAA!!!!!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230 Sports Coupe
installing a powered-sub

How hard is it to install a powered sub. I am not a audio expert by any means, but I can do simple stuff. I want to add a Bazooka/kenwood/pioneer powered sub to my C230. I assume that I will run power from battery but where do i get the signal from. Hopefully not the back of the head unit. Its a pain in the butt to get out. Any help is thanked
Tim
Old 02-23-2002, 06:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C230K Coupe/Orion/C4/C5/CD/AMG Spoiler/V60/TeleAid, 2 MGB's
You can run power from the fuse panel in the left rear hatch area. Circuit 7 is switched (on with ignition).

You can also tap the current subwoofer signal wires for sound. Someone posted some pics of the Bose sub removed from it's enclosure. You can locate it behind the panel on the right side of the hatch. Use the speaker level inputs on the replacement sub's amp.

Post pics....for the benefit of future installations
Old 02-25-2002, 05:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 VW GTI
Rick,
I was advised against using the fuse block to get power for the amp. I was told to go directly from the battery. Can you provide some insight? It's obviously a lot easier just to tap power from the fuse block but I don't want to risk anything.

On that note, there is a nice rubber grommet that goes through the firewall on the passenger side. There are 2 big red cables running through it now and there is room for a few more. This is right next to the battery so it's reletively easy to run a cable directly from the batt. I've got pics in my album.
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=4292046119
Old 02-25-2002, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: Sitting behind thing freakin desk of mine. Dreaming I was playing my Taylors, and driving my Benz. Long Live The VRAA!!!!!!
C230 Sports Coupe
Is it pretty easy to run the power cord all they way to the back of the car?