Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Question for those with Sirius Traffic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C300
Question for those with Sirius Traffic

I'm a new owner of a 2010 C300 (my first Benz) that came with the Command system and navigation. I'm considering subscribing to the Traffic service since I do a lot of travel in the DC to Boston corridor but I'm curious how it works compared to the TomTom handheld GPS I've used in the past. My TomTom has the traffic capability built into it and while you are traveling it consistently monitors the traffic on my route providing updates on ETA, traffic issues along the way, and most importantly, automatically offering alternative routes if it finds one that avoids traffic delays. Looking at the Sirius Traffic system, I can't seem to determine how or if it can determine and recommend alternative routes to avoid traffic issues. Can anyone who has experience with the Sirius system tell me how they use it to avoid traffic and determine alternative routes?
Old 06-11-2012, 04:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2013 E 350, 2012 GLK 350, 2012 C300 4matic
It does provides alternatives - there's a setting in the Nav menu to automatically do this or ask first. You can also step thru the alternatives. that being said depending the accuracy is variable depending upon the source. It has worked well - my wife was driving from Burlington, VT to NY and there was a major road closing incident and it diverted her to what she described as driveway like roads and saved her hours.