Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Looking for advice on aftermarket Stereo NAV w/bluetooth for 2004 C230 sport

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'12 C63,
Looking for advice on aftermarket Stereo NAV w/bluetooth for 2004 C230 sport

Looking to upgrade the stereo in my Mom's 2004 C230 with Bose and no NAV. Looking for Nav, bluetooth, Pandora and backup camera. Looking to spend about $800-1200 on just the head unit.

Went to Crutchfield just to see what fits etc.. found out that there is no harness available and would have to splice into the existing harness and would have to run new speaker wires. For now I will probably keep the existing speakers and she don't bump the system so as long as it sounds good and she can hear it it will probably be good enough. I guess I'll make a decision whether or not to also change the speakers which I know will give a better sound.

Was looking at the Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD and the Pioneer AVIC-Z140BH

I read that the Kenwood NAV seems to be liked by more people and the looks of the unit itself was liked also. Any feed back on this and whether or not there is lag time witht eh NAV units

What would you guys get and why and would you settle for a less expensive model?

Thanks
Bobby

Last edited by ArrogantZ; 06-22-2012 at 03:32 PM.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
Kenwood. Just played with the new Pioneer in the Lotus Evora, and is junk. Alpine is whacked and they have nothing worthwhile to offer... and i cant see going with anything else
Old 06-22-2012, 04:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'12 C63,
yeah it seems that Kenwood is liked by more people. Some people have said the Ipod/Iphone integration is better on the Pioneer anyone have any feedback on that?