Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Help with hands free and CD player

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 01:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 ML 350
Help with hands free and CD player

Hello to all! I have a 2003 ML350 , with factory radio head unit, bose system and NO navigation. I want to install a CD player- whether it is a player module in the factory space, or aftermarket. I also want to add a bluetooth interface as well. I need some advice about all of this. I want to utilize the factory radio, but I dont have thousands to spend. I have been reading about an Itronics BT, but I cant seem to find a dealer who has it. On top of this, what can I do about adding a CD player?
Or, should I forget all of this and just buy aftermarket? I was looking at alpine (personal favorite), but just now sure which way to go with all of this. As I said, money is an issue.
Any advice? I would really appreciate your feedback!
Thank you!
Old 08-10-2012, 01:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
buy the aftermarket headunit, at least you wont have to throw bandaids at like the itronic piece which is actually a Mobridge unit.

Alpine isnt what it used to be, pretty much lame stuff. the new 8" screens are nice, though expandabilty isn't there. Kenwood and Pioneer would be my first preference