Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

V60S stuck activating phone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 03:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2021 E 350 4Matic, Previous 2018 e300, 2010 E320, 2004 c300, 2000 c class, 1985 380 sl, 1984 190, +
V60S stuck activating phone

I have a 2004 E320 with a v60 cradle and V60S phone. I have had the phone/car/cradle about 5 years. On and off over the years I have problems with the phone not "ACTIVATING" or I get a message saying Insert Phone. I take the phone out and clean the contacts with alcohol and it seems to be better for awhile - perhaps a month or more.

Over the last month or so, it is getting worse and now I can hardly ever get the phone to work. Most times it says activating phone - forever.

I believe it has something to do with contacts on the cradle or phone since alcohol makes it work somewhat better.

So, how can I tell if it is the contacts on the phone or cradle?

Been thinking of getting a puck, but if the problem is with the cradle contacts I think I would have the same problems with the puck.

Anyone have any ideas?
Old 08-29-2012, 03:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R-500
I would go for the bluetooth puck, I have one in my 2003 C-240 and never a problem. My cradle was designed for the V60 phone and I could not get it activated a couple of years later due to the GPS chip not being in the V-60. Got the puck and been using since. At least until some teenager hit me in the rear and totaled my car 7/31. I have not settled with insurance company yet, they will not pay me for the voice activated command module or intergrated phone because I added it in 2005 and do not have a receipt. (Who keeps a 8 year old non tax related receipt). Lot of pucks for the V60 series on Ebay, don't pay retail like I did.