Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Want to replace 2006 W220 Command replacement w/ Bose

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 04:33 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
W204 C300 2010
Want to replace 2006 W220 Comand replacement w/ Bose

New with W220 S430, but experimented heavily with '99 W210 E320 both with Bose sound.

Last time with my W210, it was the first year of with the fiber optic, but my steering wheel did not have any phone or audio controls. I believe the fiber optic link for this car was only for the cd changer.

Now with 2006 W220, new to me but gently used. I do not have pre-wired phone and there is no satellite box in the trunk. Only the DVD-ROM for the NAV and 6 disk CD changer.

Seems like it would be too expensive to try to get phone wiring newer Bluetooth puck to work for handsfree. As with trying to find a compatible Satellite radio box.

From reading, seems like a Pioneer radios are easier to find interfaces for Mercedes too.

Aside from the bezel for the mounting to make an aftermarket radio look correct.

What interfaces do I need to integrate an aftermarket radio? To do the following:

* Retain steering wheel vol +/- and possibly the phone call/call end controls
* Have read that dash display can still work for station info, but I am not positive.
* Not sure about the Bose amplifier, in a 2006, is this connected to the stock command via a fiber optic link? Does it have wired inputs?

I am not afraid of doing some cut/splice, and realize that some will be needed, but I am not looking to rip out everything Bose and replacing with an aftermarket amp unless this is what needs to be done.

Can someone summarize?

Thanks,

-rob

Last edited by rob_fed; 08-31-2012 at 05:37 PM.