Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Need Help! Stuck between two 2011 C300's!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 11:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pontiac Grand AM GT Coupe
Need Help! Stuck between two 2011 C300's!

Hi - This is my first post and I was hoping to get some insight from people who actually know and use MB's (vs my co-workers). I am looking to buy a 2011 C300 with the following specifications: White exterior + Black interior + Pano roof. It has been quite a hunt to find one in my price range ($29k-$29,500). I'm currently looking at one that is basic, no electrical upgrades (which was totally fine with me as of 3 days ago), 25k miles.

After a week of text message negotiations, the dealer is now willing to sell at $2k below what I was hoping to buy at (but didnt think I would even get to). This should be my best case scenario. HOWEVER, I have since test drove a C300 that meets all my aesthetic specifications, but comes with the multimedia package and is otherwise, fully loaded. 7800 miles. At one point the difference between the two cars was a mere $2k, making it worth me going "over budget", but now with this new lower price offer of the stock C300, we're talking a $4500+ difference.

I know the mileage difference would add around $2k in KBB value no matter, but I'm looking more at the difference between the multimedia and no multimedia. What would you do? One comes way under what I was hoping my total price would end up and the other is over, but comes with more than I was originally expecting from a C300. I'm 27 yr old female, and this is my first car purchase (been driving same car my parents bought me at 16). I have been looking at C300's for about a year and searching for Pano roof's for about a month (new must-have). I would love any advice! Thanks!

-Leia
Old 10-18-2012, 03:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
Did You Decide?

Choosing between two cars is largely emotional/subjective, so there won't be much help here.

There are only two non-subjective considerations: resale value and adding the missing pieces.

After another year or two, the level of optional equipment will have very little impact on the resale value of your car, so that isn't really a factor. The only other thing is what happens if you find you must have bluetooth (or iPod, etc.). How much will it cost to add that to the less expensive car? You can buy a lot of upgrades for $4,500.

But it boils down to an emotional decision that is "justified" rationally. Assuming you will own the car for five years, spending $4,500 for the entertainment package boils down to $2.50 per day. For some it is money well spent and for others it is a waste.

Good luck.