Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Original Nokia 6310i kit .. or not?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E250 CDi Estate
Original Nokia 6310i kit .. or not?

Hoping someone can help me here.
My wife's 2002 CLK320 (209) (UK CAR) has a Nokia 6310i fitted. It's not in the centre armrest but on a wired cradle attached to the Centre console (next to radio). It also integrates with steering wheel controls AND phonebook display etc.
The car was a demonstrator and I don't know if the dealer fitted it ...or it was factory fit.
I want to remove it and fit something like a Parrot or Motorola bluetooth kit.
However...before i start pulling the car apart to find the nokia control unit, i wonder if anyone knows where this would be? and how i can determine whether it's factory of aftermarket. I'm guessing it's going to be easier to replace if it's aftermarket?
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 295 Likes on 247 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
For some odd reason this question has not been answered. I understand you actually got it solved at MBClubUK but the site is down now and I cannot check the outcome.

In any case, since you have the phone menu at the cluster, the kit cannot be an after market Nokia kit. In this case I would consider the ViseeO adapter the simplest and even cheapest solution. You would be able to keep using the steering wheel buttons and the cluster menu etc.