Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

2013 SL 550 Blind Spot Assist problems

Old 01-18-2013, 08:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 SL550
2013 SL 550 Blind Spot Assist problems

Okay I was getting inoperative messages for Blind Spot Assist, Lane assist, and Disctronic. The dealer replaced the control module. Everything seemed fine. Now when ever I wash my car with high power spray I get the message for about 4 hours. It happens it seems when the passenger mirror gets wet. I have no idea how the system works but I suspect that the mirror has something exposed in it. This will be the 3rd time I have been in for this problem so I want to get it fixed. Anyone have any info or had the same problem?
Old 06-05-2015, 06:16 PM

ML350 2012
Blind spot assist inoperative occurred while under warrantee, but didn't have fixed as it ocurred infrequently. I have a 2012 ML350, P2 + other options, diamond white. The car was a special order and I just happened to go to the dealer when it was in route, so bought it. Lately the infrequent occurrence has change to daily, and I'll be taking it to the dealer. After the "... inoperative" message is displayed, not long thereafter the lane changing signal and continuous turn signals don't work, putting me in precarious situations. From the sounds of it, it's going to be involved. I suspect and hope the engineers at MB have diagnostics that can psyche out the root cause(s).
Old 06-05-2015, 08:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
the sensors are in the corner of the rear bumper. I have seen a distronic plus vehicle idling behind a blindspot assist vehicle, cause the blind spot assist to not work. I think this would be more of question for Eric @ midcity to ask the engineer Rob,, if the transceiver can get saturated with signals and cause the sensors to become inop?

With the other vehicles such as Porsche utilizing the K Band sensors ( I don't know what BMW and everyone else is using)but makes me wonder just how safe it actually is.

Now if yours is definitely caused by water, try to narrow it down to the rear for blind spot, or spray the front for distronic being the cause. them fools at MB can only troubleshoot what the computer tells them. You are probably going to have to do the leg work.

Lane assist is the camera in the window

Other things that could be an issue is if you have any aftermarket parts on the vehicle. it will need to be removed or disconnected such as radar detector, remote start, distronic interface for radar, or hard top control.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:15 PM

merecedes cls63 amg
I went and bought 2 rear radar sensors for 2013 mercedes cls63 amg, in to 2 different dealer locations.the sensors don't have the same part nr... but they look the same ......
Can someone tell me if all the sensors are the same ??? or i am wrong ???