Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Arrrrgh!!! Mbrace

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 10:38 AM

Received 70 Likes on 38 Posts
'21 E63S4S in glorious Brilliant Blue Magno
Angry Arrrrgh!!! Mbrace

I just got a brand new 2013 CLS 550. When I got it, they could not active the Mbrace. The dealer said, it takes a day sometimes to activate in their system. Call them tomorrow and they will "send it a signal" Right, okay.

Call the next day, nope, sorry. Mbrace people tell me I have to go in for a firmware update. Arrgh, fine.

So I book an appointment. Take it in, sit there for 2.5 hours.

"Uhhhh, the mbrace people aren't getting back to us on what to do. So like we can't fix it."

Arrrrrgggghhhh!!!!!!

Anybody else experienced this. Or am I the lucky first one?
Old 02-08-2016, 10:40 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CLS550
I'm having problems with my 2013 cls550 Mbrace also. I prepaid for 2 years and the tech said that it would take up to 48 hours to activate. So here it is 4 days later and still nothing. I call the hotline and they said I had to hit the I-Button in the car to activate it. I hit it and nothing happened. Called the hotline once again and they said that I had to take it back to the dealership (which is 60 miles away). I told them to cancel my subscription and to take my credit card info out of their system. The operator told me that it would take 48 hours to do so.... lol WTF, I can understand when they had to manually cancel things but everything is digital now, they should be able to cancel it right there and then when asked.
Old 02-09-2016, 08:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts
2013 C250 Sport
I activated mine today and the Mbrace app on my phone worked immediately. I can lock/unlock, see it on a map sitting in my drive way and send POIs to the navigation. Ten years ago all that may have impressed me.

I can't really see keeping it though. It seems way overpriced for what it offers.
Old 12-04-2018, 12:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes E550 4Matic
Same thing happened to me... Called in set it up and had to get the firmware updated. Did that still no joy after 1 hour of labor. Told me to drive around and it should work & nothing. Car sat at the dealership for 4 days with the techs working with Mbrace and nothing. Next thing was I would have to pay for 2 more hours of trouble shooting & labor to see whats next nope I will pass too bad I was really looking forward to trying it out.
Old 12-04-2018, 09:59 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,819 Likes on 3,009 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
It's an erratic system. The app stopped working for me for almost two weeks, now is working again. Sometimes when the app is "working" it fails to start the vehicle. Vehicle is a 2017 GLE350. It took 2 or 3 weeks for mbrace to activate my vehicle in their system.
Old 12-05-2018, 08:14 AM

Received 143 Likes on 118 Posts
2016 E400 Coupe (C207)
The app leaves a lot to be desired, as does the support team for it. Mine fails regularly and sends me text messages indicating that it couldn't communicate with the car due to "a network error", and I should "try again later". Last spring, I received these failure messages daily for a couple of months. The technical support line was utterly useless, with each rep suggesting different (and often ridiculous) "fixes". They eventually told me to take it the dealer, who admittedly did nothing either, but the problem temporarily went away. This week, I started receiving the random "network error" text messages again. It's pretty pathetic for a car at this price point.

"The best or nothing"? Ha!
Old 01-11-2019, 09:17 AM
S.W

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 GLC300, 2024 GLE 450e
Originally Posted by michail71
Ten years ago all that may have impressed me.

I can't really see keeping it though. It seems way overpriced for what it offers.
Exactly my thoughts..
Old 01-22-2019, 10:46 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2018 C43amg,2012 CLS 550, 2004 Chevrolet SSR, 1934 Chevy street rod
My 2018 C43 has had quite an experience with mbrace. The ORIGINAL problem was a poor sounding AM radio....yes I listen to AM. Sound was garbled. They suggested I try the ENTERTAINMENT pkg. That was in early October 2018. They couldn't get the AM fixed and mbrace couldn't get the internet radio to work. This went on into January, at which time I got a letter informing me that starting February, I would be charged for the ENTERTAINMENT pkg. Ha! I did contact mbrace and inform them of the letter and the fact that the ENTERTAINMENT pkg has never worked and asked them to extend the trial to April. Surprisingly they agreed. So the current situation is that the ENTERTAINMENT pkg (internet radio) works sometimes but mostly not. The only entertainment is trying to get the tech people to respond. All they really want to do is sign you up for one of the other packages. I was promised several times that an "advanced" tech person would call me.....never happen.
Old 01-26-2019, 09:26 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,819 Likes on 3,009 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
The app seems to function better in times of less local network traffic. The main issues are signing into the app, and successfully completing a remote start. Both functions require network connectivity, server resources and bandwidth. Both functions are more reliable in the evenings (local time) and weekends.