Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

C250 Bluetooth Audio Streaming Crackling / Interference

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 02:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW 325i E90
C250 Bluetooth Audio Streaming Crackling / Interference

I have searched high and low throughout the forum for an answer to this questions and no luck, so - I'm very sorry if I missed the answer.

I am buying a C250 monday and during the test drive I tried pairing my phone with the car and everything worked perfectly. Only quirk was audio streaming from the phone through the car over bluetooth. I could hear the music with great quality, only issue was a crackling interference sound that came from the dashboard. The sound imitates the sound of a cable that is being plugged in and just pops and crackles on the way. Only issue is that it never stops. It goes away for a couple of second and it crackles a little more. Bluetooth for phone calls was flawless. I can't say it's an issue with the car, because i tried the same thing with 2 other C250's on the lot and they both made the same sound.

I have a Galaxy S3 from T-Mobile which is included in the approved list. however, I am not sure if I am missing something here. I don't have a problem connecting the phone via cable if I can change songs on the radio, but it was a problem I have to address if I want to stream music over bluetooth.

Finally, one question in closing. I saw two inputs on the arm rest. One I assumed is for an iphone/ipad cable... other seems to me some kind of USB... If I just plug my phone there with a cable I could listen to the music that was as well?

Thanks in advace - MM
Old 11-30-2013, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
300C
Angry

Originally Posted by moerbeck
I have searched high and low throughout the forum for an answer to this questions and no luck, so - I'm very sorry if I missed the answer.

I am buying a C250 monday and during the test drive I tried pairing my phone with the car and everything worked perfectly. Only quirk was audio streaming from the phone through the car over bluetooth. I could hear the music with great quality, only issue was a crackling interference sound that came from the dashboard. The sound imitates the sound of a cable that is being plugged in and just pops and crackles on the way. Only issue is that it never stops. It goes away for a couple of second and it crackles a little more. Bluetooth for phone calls was flawless. I can't say it's an issue with the car, because i tried the same thing with 2 other C250's on the lot and they both made the same sound.

I have a Galaxy S3 from T-Mobile which is included in the approved list. however, I am not sure if I am missing something here. I don't have a problem connecting the phone via cable if I can change songs on the radio, but it was a problem I have to address if I want to stream music over bluetooth.

Finally, one question in closing. I saw two inputs on the arm rest. One I assumed is for an iphone/ipad cable... other seems to me some kind of USB... If I just plug my phone there with a cable I could listen to the music that was as well?

Thanks in advace - MM

Same problem here with under warranty 2011 C300. The phone music works fine when corded just not with BT. Over bluetooth connection this is constant crackle/artifact noise! Took car to two dealers with no results. Have tried multiple phones, android and apple. Service rep at both dealers agree there is a problem and give up and tell us that is as good as it gets! I find this unacceptable and preposterous.