Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Thinking of putting a sub in my CLK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB
Thinking of putting a sub in my CLK

Hi guys, I have a 02 W208 CLK 430, Im thinking of adding 1 or 2 subs (probably JL) in to my car. I was just wondering whether they are compatible with the Bose systems and the COMAND unit in the MB car.
I might also put 1 JL amp in the car.

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks
Old 08-12-2003, 06:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2000 CLK430
just tap into the rear bose subs that are on your back deck, no tricks, no problems, im running 1 Alpine Type-R 12" sub in my 2000 CLK430...my amp shorted yesterday, but thats not the cars fault, just my crappy amp. but other than that, ive had no problems, love the sound, just wish i could get better highs out of my bose crap. dont have the money to replace everything right now.

my dad is using focal utopia components and subs in his CL600 and his system sounds amazing, maybe thats why i think mine sounds so bad
Old 07-08-2008, 12:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Corrolla
Originally Posted by Petie
just tap into the rear bose subs that are on your back deck, no tricks, no problems, im running 1 Alpine Type-R 12" sub in my 2000 CLK430...my amp shorted yesterday, but thats not the cars fault, just my crappy amp. but other than that, ive had no problems, love the sound, just wish i could get better highs out of my bose crap. dont have the money to replace everything right now.

my dad is using focal utopia components and subs in his CL600 and his system sounds amazing, maybe thats why i think mine sounds so bad
Petie,

is that gona work with my car also (CLK 320 W209)?? how do i add the aftermarket amp and the sub to the system ??
Old 07-09-2008, 07:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
Originally Posted by M-bENZ
Petie,

is that gona work with my car also (CLK 320 W209)?? how do i add the aftermarket amp and the sub to the system ??
take it to a shop before you screw it up... it is obvious you know nothing about audio system integrations in a vehicle (not saying that is a bad thing, just not your profession)

you add a woofer, you will need an amp. it will need to be interfaced.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Corrolla
Originally Posted by jbondox
take it to a shop before you screw it up... it is obvious you know nothing about audio system integrations in a vehicle (not saying that is a bad thing, just not your profession)

you add a woofer, you will need an amp. it will need to be interfaced.
Thanks for the help....