Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

What phone does one need for C320 installed mobil comm syste

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2003 | 01:09 AM

2016 C450 AMG, 2009 C300, 2001 C320 2001 CLK430, 95 E500
What phone does one need for C320 installed mobil comm syste

Hey, new to the forum but not to benz. Just purchase a 2001 c320 for my GF, and the car had the voice control and phone system installed, but no phone. I couldn't really complain, got a very good deal. Anyway, does anyone know what I can activate, and do I actually need the handset unit? What are the options for adding a phone to the system. It looks like, and coreect me if wrong ,but only motorola handsets will work?
Does anyone know what needs to be added to get it to work? Will the voice control system work WITHOUT the phone? Radio, other things?
Where is the best place to get a phone that would work with it? A quick call to local dealer said "500$" for a unit, and maybe more. I was going to call mbusa and ask what the deal was.
thanks for the tips, and direct
STRNCM
Old 08-20-2003 | 12:24 AM

'14 A6 3.0 TFSI
Try searching ebay. I often see people selling just the handset. If the cradle and everything else is installed, it's a plug-and-play deal. However, you MUST use an mb branded phone. Buying a run-of-the-mill v.60 or timeport (I think MY01 used timeport) will not function with the car.