Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Please help educate a newbie

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 ML350
Please help educate a newbie

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a 2005 ML350 which has a radio cassette. With all the acronyms of the weird systems that MB uses, I am totally confused and would like some education from more experienced people, so please help with the following questions.

1) What is the difference between an MCS and a COMAND? Which year model corresponds to which?

2) What is the difference between D2B and MOST? Are they both fiber optics? Again, which year model corresponds to which?

3) I have only a radio cassette which looks exactly like the attached pictures. There is NO CD changer in the back. There is a big connector under the driver seat with nothing attached to it. There is also a fairly good sized box under the passenger seat, which I know has something to do with the audio system, but I have no clue what it does.

Can someone tell me what system I have, what kind of amplifier I have and where it is hidden in the car?

Thank you very much and best regards,
Attached Thumbnails Please help educate a newbie-front.jpg   Please help educate a newbie-rear.jpg