Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Pandora in a 2013 SL550

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,267 Likes on 2,032 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
Pandora in a 2013 SL550

I am trying to figure out of how to use Pandora reliably via the MIP and it's working like crap.
Even though I have read the threads about MIP, I am still a bit unclear, especially as the Pandora app behaves quite different than in our BMW.

So, first I'll explain of how it works in the BMW.
I plug in the iPhone into the cradle or via USb and launch Pandora. When the App launches, it recognizes the BMW interface (see pic) and Pandora becomes another Radio input (see pic). Full control of the stations, songs and cover art (that song had no cover btw) The iPhone music is still available at the same time, I'll just switch from Radio to the iPhone input.
Total no brainer and works 100%.

Now, on the 2013 SL, I plug the phone into the MIP and launch Pandora, it will play the station, but the command shows the music as iPod (see pic). The Pandora app itself does not recognize that it is connected to a Mercedes.

When I go want to switch stations, the only thing I can find is the search tab. Any selection made there will switch from Pandora to the iPhone music and I can't get back to Pandora.

Since Pandora, Stitcher and all iPhone music is all just under the Media interface tab, there appears to be no ability to select which one to pick.

Am I missing something? Love to get this figured out...

And that's just Pandora. I actually moved away from them while driving in the BMW because of their cool Web Radio app (live streaming)

Thanks for any input!

PS. Sorry for the shaky image quality. The flash just washes out the screens...
Attached Thumbnails Pandora in a 2013 SL550-dsc_2097.jpg   Pandora in a 2013 SL550-dsc_2100.jpg   Pandora in a 2013 SL550-dsc_2091.jpg