Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

gas gauge no show

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 08:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E500 wagon
gas gauge no show

I have a 2004 E 500 wagon. Had it for about 7 months and one day about 2 months ago the gas gauge went blank. Error message and all. went to a MB shop and after $80+ I was told the gas pump & sending unit on one side was not responding. Estimated $600-$800 to fix. I needed to think about that for a while. Using the trip odometer I filled up every 200 mi. Last weekend it was raining and I left my lights on. The car had some power for lights but not enough to turn it over. I used jumper cables on the battery in the back. It started right up. Thought I would let it run to charge up. About 25 min. latter I got in and the gas gauge was working. Filled it up and the gas gauge was right on. Now there are some small wires coming off the battery. I may have moved one of them and made contact. I don't know. If anyone out there has this problem, check those wires on the battery to make sure they have good contact. Hope this helps.