Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Drive Kit Plus & Media Interface -Help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 02:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A250 AMG Sport
Unhappy Drive Kit Plus & Media Interface -Help!

Hi all,

I have just taken delivery of a new A-Class in the UK.

I have the Audio 20 with the HK upgrade and 6 CD changer.. this comes with a media interface option included so you can connect ipod etc in the armrest.

I aslo opted for the new Mercedes drive kit plus which should connect in the glove box and links into the system. This uses the Aux input.

When 1st installed everything worked perfectly with both the media interface and the aux input except when using the aux option for the drive kit plus there was no audio volume when playing any music on the phone etc, media interface and ipod worked fine...

My dealer advised that I needed an extra cable which is now fitted... thi sis somehow linked to my media interface via a bridging lead in the armrest.

So now I have the aux input working fine with the drive kit plus but no longer have the option to connect anything via the media interface?

In my view these should both work independently... ``/ I have heard of users having drive kit plus installed without the media interface option.

Can anyone offer any help? Seems Mercedes in the UK still not completely sure how to install this unit.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLA 250
Did anyone tested if the the existing "DRIVE KIT PLUS" works with iPhone 5 and Apple lighting to 30-pin Adapter
iPhone 5 + Apple Lightning to 30-pin Adapter