Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Help, can't set timezone in MCS II HU

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 CLK 500 Cabriolet
Help, can't set timezone in MCS II HU

I have a 2008 MCS II (part no 164 870 39 89) nav (with the correct W209face plate) installed in my 2005 CLK 500. It is coded to show up in the instrument cluster and works perfectly in most ways EXCEPT I cannot access the set time soft key (it is greed out) to change time zones (the radio defaults to Atlantic time zone and I need Eastern Daylight Savings time zone) thus it reads 2 hours earlier.

This version of the radio is incompatible with the cluster clock controls (took my friend at MB quite awhile to figure out how to get the cluster to keep its clock separate from the HU clock and did (so I can still set the analog cluster clock) but couldn't get the HU clock to set from the cluster.

It seems that there was a change in the system between 2005 and 2008 wherein my cluster looks to the nav for time info and the nav looks to cluster for time zone info.

In any case is there a secret engineering menu or work around to allow me to reset the time zone in the MCS II HU? Even if it is a kludge to do it once, I want this HU for the backup camera interface, and the time is correct (HU gets time from GPS), albeit 2 hours early.

Any suggestions?

Rich