Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Bose Rear Bass problem. (thump/rattle)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2003, 06:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bose Rear Bass problem. (thump/rattle)

i have searched the forums for this problem and i have one about it. However it just said to put foam somewhere but where? I do not know how to get to the rear system at all.

Whenever i play a song that has high bass (mostly rap) the reart speakers seems to make this weird thumping/rattle noise. If i go to the back and i hold down the speaker (the one with Bose on it) then the problem is gone. Is there any easy solutions? or do i have to go the dealer? This problem is very annoying for me due to the fact that i listen to a lot of songs that requires bass.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-02-2003, 08:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 BMW Z4 sDrive35i M Sport
I have this same problem in my 95 C 280. When the bass hits in rap songs I can hear a vibratio/rattle along with it. It gets annoying.
Old 09-03-2003, 12:30 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1998 C43 AMG
If you are looking to get to the rear speakers or underneath the rear deck, then you would have to take the whole rear deck out. I just replaced my rear speakers and it wasn't that bad of a job. I brought this Hayes service book and it walked me every step of the way. But in short, you'll have to take the rear head rest out, entire rear seat,
both side rear panels and then the rear deck. took me 1 hour for my first time at it. l could fax you some instructions if you want to know. ttt