Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Where's Steve

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 07:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
98 E320
Where's Steve

I had a Sept. 1 or Sept. 2 install appointment in NY_NJ area. Never heard from him, tho I'm aware he was behind schedule.

Anybody know Steve's whereabouts? Would someone kindly PM a fone number?

Thanks in advance......
Old 09-02-2003, 10:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1986 560SEL, 97 BMW 740iL
I think he is in Planet Earth. No idea. He gave up going to philly to do my phone. But I understand his troubles. Well, good luck finding him.
Old 09-04-2003, 11:24 AM

2004 CLK 320 and 2004 Porsche Cayenne
Where is Steve?

I have been trying to locate Steve also. I spoke with him Tuesday and was heading back to NY. After Tue I have not been able to get him via email and his Cell phone is disconnected. I hope he is allright. If anyone knows how to reach him, please email me.
Old 09-04-2003, 08:35 PM

Steve installed a command on my car yesterday. I arranged a hotel for him here in Orlando where he spent the night last night and he was going to DC today.

Bert
---
Old 09-04-2003, 08:59 PM

98 E320
Good to hear he's okay.....

Surely, he'll surface in one piece, or should I say 2 DIN piece.
Old 09-04-2003, 09:00 PM

98 E320
Good to hear he's okay.....

Surely, he'll surface in one piece, or should I say 2 DIN piece.
Old 09-04-2003, 11:27 PM

Steve's Help

If anyone hears from Steve, I would appreciate relying a message to Steve to send me the C2 pin positions where the five wires (gray, black, red, brown, yellow) coming from the TV harness to the Comand C2 connector, plug into. Those five wires come from the TV Tuner C2 and plug into the Comand C2 plug but I don;t know in which positions.
Old 09-05-2003, 01:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Re: Steve's Help

Originally posted by rmklaw
If anyone hears from Steve, I would appreciate relying a message to Steve to send me the C2 pin positions where the five wires (gray, black, red, brown, yellow) coming from the TV harness to the Comand C2 connector, plug into. Those five wires come from the TV Tuner C2 and plug into the Comand C2 plug but I don;t know in which positions.
Folgende kabel müssen in den C2 eingesteckt werden:

grau = 2
braun = 3
pink = 11
gelb = 18
schwarz = 17

(if you don't know your colors in Deutsche this will be good practice. )

-s-
Old 09-05-2003, 10:41 AM

Comand C2 pins

Thank you. I sent you an email scorchie.
Old 09-06-2003, 08:03 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
Steve is back in the Netherlands again...recovering from everything that did go wrong during the last comand install trip.

Unfortunately I was depending on one of my NJ friends to give me back 2 W210 2DIN support frames that I left at his place after my last eastcoast trip and although I mailed him a week before arrival about these frames, he didn't look for them untill I actually arrived to pick up the frames together with a shipped parcel...and guess what; no support frames received... .
Not having these 2 2DIN frames resulted in some (serious) scheduling problems (I even missed a flight) and I do apologice to those affected by these problems: Steve M for having to wait for these non found 2 DIN pieces after he picked me up from the airport...Paul C for coming over multiple times without even getting the comand installed - I owe you!!!
Fathead, I e-mailed you right after you paid me for folding blinking memory mirrors that I didn't have those available...I mailed you that I either had non memory folding or memory non folding but haven't received an email from you telling me what to bring for you...
dtkw My apology for not having time to come over...one of the reasons why I didn't require a deposit from you (the schedule left no time for installation problems).
Leonardo B, Due to an airport without trainstation I wasn't able to come over to Philadelphia yesterday...you should have come to NY 1 week ago when you had a whole day off...

Those who did provide me with a place to stay and or work (Steve M, Norman J, Saji J, Ryo S, Shane W & Bert K) THANKS A LOT; without people like you to help me out I wouldn't have been able to offer the installs at the price I do offer them for!

As for this eastcoast comand installation trip I set a deadline as far as receiving deposits go...at the time of that deadline I had received 8 deposits for comand installations and I booked my flight leaving more then enough time to do these installs including necessary travelling. After I booked my flight I received another 10 deposits in 1 day...which made shipping out all parts in time difficult and what made scheduling difficult as well (due to the travelling I had to do)...this didn't work out too well...I hope that future comand installation interested people realise that I need at least 2-3 weekd to prepare everything and that paying the required deposit in the last week before my departure does not work - at least not for me.

Now that I am back home again I will try to get my emails replied asap as well...due to the number of unread mails it might take a few days before I have all mails done; please do not resend your mail too often.

greetingz,

Last edited by MBenzNL; 09-06-2003 at 08:06 AM.
Old 09-06-2003, 10:10 AM

98 E320
No problem, Steve.

We still love and respect you.

p.s. May want to require Command install candidates to acquire the 2 DIN piece themselves, what with your difficulties.
Old 09-12-2003, 05:51 PM

Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts
Chevrolet Chevette, Ford Pinto, Pontiac Aztek, Trabant, Yugo GV (and all the worst cars ever built)
Steve,

Don’t worry; you DON’T owe me anything… as Humphrey Bogart said in the movie Casablanca “This is a start of a beautiful friendship.” (Meaning I plan to order more parts like a MF wood steering wheel, a Nokia phone, a set of 2000 wagon side panel rear clamps, etc. etc.) Plus you are still working and helping me out with the COMAND right now.

(By the way, for many days I was witness to Steve’s SUPER HECTIC schedule in New York (and vicinity) and it could have been avoided if a few of us here made fast decisions and were reliable to provide the missing parts. That way Steve could have stuck to his planned schedule and we could have all availed of his services. As early as July I posted in the W210 and W202 board that Steve was coming over to the East Coast for COMAND and mirror installs and he needed early decisions (and deposits) from Mbworld members who were interested in his parts and services so that he could make some sort of workable schedule and that he wouldn’t waste two weeks doing nothing in NYC. Apparently, it ended the other way around and the two weeks were not enough because suddenly so many installs were requested in a limited time due to late deposits despite my early request. )

Steve, after seeing how stressed you were, Steve M, Jon G and myself were afraid that you would remove the East Coast from your future install plans (especially after you kept saying how you loved sunny California). I hope the September fiasco will not stop you from coming over to the East Coast because from the looks of it, there are still quite a number of East Coast Mbworld members who want your parts and services especially those who were not able to see you this September.

Like the first one, I am still willing to coordinate and pimp out your next visit if you want. Furthermore, I can give you free and complete access to a vacant one-bedroom apartment in New York City during your stay and you can use it as a base while doing install jobs in the East coast. (I’m not kidding ! ! ! ) The owner (a very good friend) wants to rent out the place and I can make sure that he does not rent it out yet so you could still use it. (You have to decide soon though as I will try to arrange that it not yet be rented out by October / November).

Who wants COMAND, folding side mirror blinkers, integrated Nokia phones, heated seats, TV / DVD connects, in the East Coast for October / November? Speak now and put in your deposits.

Paxfobiscum

p.s. did you tap the speedpulse from the fuse box or the right side doorsill? The COMAND still does not detect the speedpulse and I plan to check all the wire connections this weekend.

Sorry but I digressed…
Old 09-12-2003, 06:34 PM

Steve's Travel

I have the solution. Steve could come to Denver (centrally located) and from Denver is approximately equal distance to East and West.
Old 09-14-2003, 12:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 E320
Denver sounds great to me. Let's push for that. Quick drive from Albuquerque.
Old 09-14-2003, 10:17 PM

Location: Long Island, NY / Mississauga, Ontario / Changhua, Taiwan
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
11 S550V4
only a few hours from NY, too (if I'm going 600 mph):p