Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Old SLK280 has bluetooth, but how?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 08:16 AM
DGW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old SLK280 has bluetooth, but how?

Hi,

I wonder if you can help me. I've just bought a 2006 SLK280. It's got an Audio 50 fitted (although records at the local MB dealership show an Audio 20).

It has what I call "Pre-wiring", but I'm not really sure what that means.... All I know is that it contains a shoe like connector onto which I could slide a phone cradle. It's under the little flip up cover between the seats. Anyway there's NOTHING fitted to this connector at all apart from the plastic protective cover.

Here's the strange thing. Playing around with the Audio 50 controls, there is an option called "Bluetoo.." and if I go into it, it appears to be searching for a BT phone. Amazingly, it finds one if I turn on my BT phone.

It asks for a PIN, I enter one, it goes away and then WILL NOT connect in the future. The device name is UHI-SN7400. I'm kind of wondering if it's an after-market device fitted between the Audio 50 head and the pre-wiring...

I just wondered if anyone else has seen this and if there is a way that I can find what's been fitted (and where!). Ultimately I'd love to get it working as the proper device is V expensive....

Thanks for your attention.

Dave Waine
Old 08-29-2013, 05:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 175 Likes on 145 Posts
me: 2015 SL400 & 2015 ML400; wife: 2022 GLC Coupe kid: 2017 GLC SUV
I'll try to help with my limited expertise:

Originally Posted by DGW
All I know is that it contains a shoe like connector onto which I could slide a phone cradle. It's under the little flip up cover between the seats. Anyway there's NOTHING fitted to this connector at all apart from the plastic protective cover.
Does it look like this?

and under the cover, like this?

Originally Posted by DGW
Here's the strange thing. Playing around with the Audio 50 controls, there is an option called "Bluetoo.." and if I go into it, it appears to be searching for a BT phone. Amazingly, it finds one if I turn on my BT phone.
Originally Posted by DGW
It asks for a PIN, I enter one, it goes away and then WILL NOT connect in the future.
So does it connect or it doesn't? And what PIN are you entering?

Originally Posted by DGW
The device name is UHI-SN7400. I'm kind of wondering if it's an after-market device fitted between the Audio 50 head and the pre-wiring...
Not sure, but the MB BT PIN code is 62872 (MBUSA); try that.

Originally Posted by DGW
Ultimately I'd love to get it working as the proper device is V expensive....
Not really; if you have the connector that I posted pics of above, a Bluetooth puck would run you about $100 for a B67875878, maybe $200 for the newer, smaller B67876131. But how your Audio20 is finding your BT phone without one is curious.

And it looks like a previous owner of your car may have posted a similar question on a similar forum HERE. There, he was told to use 111 as a PIN. Try that.