Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Becker Map Pilot keeps crashing/rebooting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 01:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C250
Becker Map Pilot keeps crashing/rebooting

Hi all,

I recently bought a CPO 2013 C250 Sport Sedan that came preloaded with the Becker Nav System. Whenever I go to use the navigation system, it will work fine for a bit and then the nav will completely crash and reboot. The screen will read "Activating Navigation" and then the Becker by Harmon startup screen will appear, and the navigation will begin calculating my previous route as if nothing happened.

It happened four times within 30 minutes yesterday, and using the navigation has just become a nuisance. I didn't know if it was a hardware issue, so I tried ejecting and reinserting the Becker unit itself yesterday and it did not help. I did a factory reset tonight and will test it out tomorrow morning--hopefully with better results. Has anyone else run into this issue? I know I can just take it to the dealer if the issue persists, but I'd rather not if there a simple fix for this. Any suggestions would help.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:21 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
14' C300, '07 G500 & '02 C240
I know its been a couple of days actually had this issue many times as well. It's a limitation unfortunately with the system itself. It tends to crash randomly at times. At one point I lost complete functionality with the wheel only solution was to either wait for it to respond. I guess unplugging and plugging back in could be a good trick.