Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Wiring diagram for 2013 rear camera and tricking the system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 03:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 CLK 500 Cabriolet
Wiring diagram for 2013 rear camera and tricking the system

I want to add a rear camera to my clk. i have the correct MCS-II radio from an ML (W164) with rear camera input, I found 2013 camera from C series. Has 4 wires need to know color coding (I assume the black is ground and the brown is power (+12 v. though I have also heard +5 v. and +3.3 v.) and the other 2 video) but don't want to risk shorting it out by miswiring it.

I am told there is supposed to be an interface box between the radio and the camera that connects to canbus and brakellight signals, does anyone know if there is a way to directly wire the camera into power (using a step down transformer if necessary) and send video back to the radio (I have a line connected to the correct pins on the radio and a composite signal shows up when I put the car in reverse with an aftermarket camera attached, but I prefer the OEM camera if I can wire it in.

Additionally, does anyone know if there is a way to add a switch to trick the unit into thinking I am in reverse while driving forward so I can activate the camera while driving (or add a second forward camera to protect front bumper from parking stops?