Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

H.I.D Headlight conversion on Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2003 | 01:24 PM

Question H.I.D Headlight conversion on Coupe

How is everyone?
I bought the H.I.D Headlights with the projectors from the factory for my 2003 Sport Coupe. I didn't not by the wiring because just the wires were about $1,000 for each headlight. However, I wired the headlights in but they only work on the Auto mode. If I turn them on manually, 20 seconds after, the computer tells me ERROR the lamps are not pluged in and it turns the headlights off. This sucks. I want to be able to turn the headlights on and aff has I please and also in Auto mode I can't turn my fogs on. I called my dealership and they said they couldn't help me out. The reason they said the computer was telling me this and turning them off was because they get to hot. It's funny how they only work in Auto mode without the computer warning me. But then again I still have not driven the car with the Auto mode so I don't know if after a certain while the computer would actually tell me I have a malfuction and then turn the headlights off. Has anyone had a similar if not the exact problem and if so how did you overcome it?
Thanks.
Old 09-11-2003 | 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Re: H.I.D Headlight conversion on Coupe

Originally posted by MBenzCoupe
How is everyone?
I bought the H.I.D Headlights with the projectors from the factory for my 2003 Sport Coupe. I didn't not by the wiring because just the wires were about $1,000 for each headlight. However, I wired the headlights in but they only work on the Auto mode. If I turn them on manually, 20 seconds after, the computer tells me ERROR the lamps are not pluged in and it turns the headlights off. This sucks. I want to be able to turn the headlights on and aff has I please and also in Auto mode I can't turn my fogs on. I called my dealership and they said they couldn't help me out. The reason they said the computer was telling me this and turning them off was because they get to hot. It's funny how they only work in Auto mode without the computer warning me. But then again I still have not driven the car with the Auto mode so I don't know if after a certain while the computer would actually tell me I have a malfuction and then turn the headlights off. Has anyone had a similar if not the exact problem and if so how did you overcome it?
Thanks.
You should do a search in the forums before asking questions.

The headlights shut off because your car has not been programmed with the xenon light option. The dealer can do this for you.

As a matter of fact, in the StarDiagnosis system, it says running the headlights with the improper setting can destroy the headlights or the car's lighting controller.

-s-