Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

ce300 electric windows help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes CE300 auto
ce300 electric windows help

hi all - i am a new member and first time user of this forum (of any forum in fact) so hope i get this right. i am not much of a mechanic but what i know is that i love my car (an f-reg ce300 auto) and i am not giving it up - even after having a baby...everyone said get rid of the coupe - alas, no, it's not happening. anyway...i have this problem - and really struggling to solve it. electric windows on both drivers side don't work (go down). pretty sure this is because of split coffee on the switches next to the gear stick. have taken it to three garages, they agree, and say get new switches...but no one is willing to source the switches for me. i have looked on ebay to no avail (perhaps i am using the wrong search terms). i would be incredibly grateful is anyone can help point me to somewhere i can buy a couple of replacement switches to buy...to get the windows working again. thanks in advance for any advice.....
Old 03-20-2014, 09:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
Try spal
Old 05-06-2014, 01:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W212
try to hold the the window up switch for 15-20secs while the engine ON -> this is how I fixed my W204 window rolling down problem.