Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

98 C280 aftermarket deck issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
98 C280 Sport
98 C280 aftermarket deck issues

Sorry to create a thread, and poss there is an answer some where else but I did not find it. I have a 98 c280 with a Kenwood Excelion deck and amp that powers all new JL speakers and a sub. Recently the tweeters have been going in and out so I decided to take the deck out and check the connections. I am familiar with car audio and did not see anything strange. However, now my deck shows no display but when I plug it in the eject disc works. other than ejecting the disc there is no audio out to my amp or speakers. I have tried another deck and have cut the wires from the harnesses and directly connected all of them in case of a loose connection somewhere. I am not that familiar with MB tech and thought I would ask the pros. I have the tweeters run directly from the head unit and RCA to the amp in the trunk that sends that signal out to the speakers that are amplified by the Excelion amp with the sub-woofer.There has to be power going to the unit because it can eject and accept a disc (both units I have tried) but no display or audio. Any ideas? Thanks!
Old 05-17-2014, 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
check that there is power on the kenwood's ignition wire, it is red.