Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

W209 aftermarket stereo fitting?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 09:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes CLK200K Convertible
Question W209 aftermarket stereo fitting?

Hi All

I recently bought a 2005 CLK200k A209 which doesnt have the phone module thing or the pre-wiring to fit one. So after speaking to comandonline.co.uk it looks like retro fitting that lot is going to cost a lot more than i'm prepared to pay.

So, I'm thinking of fitting an aftermarket stereo with bluetooth handsfree ability. I've been trawling the archives and believe it can be done simply enough, but i'll need a facia kit, some wiring adaptor sorcery thingy that keeps the steering wheel controls working and of course a double din stereo.

Can anyone confirm that is correct and I can indeed do that, or is there something else I need?

In my trawling of the archives have I spectacularly failed to find a thread showing everyones fitting of such a set up?

Thanks.
Old 07-26-2014, 06:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
some have optical amplifier, some dont. pull the radio, sidconnect the optical from the harness, plug back into radio, and check if you have audio. if you do then it will be a simple install. if you lose audio with the optical disconnected, then you are going to have to do some rewiring or add an aftermarket amp. you didnt think this was going to be easy now
Old 07-26-2014, 07:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes CLK200K Convertible
Originally Posted by jbondox
some have optical amplifier, some dont. pull the radio, sidconnect the optical from the harness, plug back into radio, and check if you have audio. if you do then it will be a simple install. if you lose audio with the optical disconnected, then you are going to have to do some rewiring or add an aftermarket amp. you didnt think this was going to be easy now

Lol, no I didn't think it would be easy and its a situation exacerbated by the fact the last stereo i bought and fitted had a cassette player in it! ;D

Appreciate the reply.