Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

W211 MY06 E55 rear camera, how to wire it in ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 06:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
MY06 E55
W211 MY06 E55 rear camera, how to wire it in ?

I have the camera for my car, but my model does NOT have the analog TV tuner ( which has the extra inputs )
Surely there are other options.
I saw a seller in Germany that had a digital TV tuner for this model, but that has a USB input ( which my camera does not connect to, is yellow RCA lead )
I don't really care for the TV, but wouldn't say no to it, the camera is my main issue.

I am trying to look to see what is available.
I would rather not replace the complete radio system ( has everything cd stacker dvd and all ) with some aftermarket modern style unit.
I believe the Mercedes unit is pretty sophisticated.
I would rather support a sponsor or quality vendor.
open to any suggestions please.

I tried to do searches, but not getting much, and I am sure someone has it working well.
Old 10-25-2014, 03:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
It's really not that sophisticated as it is over 10 years old... same as 04 comand... anyways for your question. contact derek@navtv.com and let him know I sent you, the screen needs an RGB conversion which will require the unit to be taken apart. i have ton many... many... and you guessed it,... many of the USA comands. I do not know if yours is similar or not, but I doubt it is too much different.

The other option is toss in the Kenwood DNx771HD, and the opti1 which can be sent to you from these guys cheap LINK or Derek will have it. Also you will need a steering wheel remote control AXXESS ASWC1 which works outstanding with it, 18' antenna extension and a euro antenna adapter 40-EU10

Hope that helps you out