Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Does Becker mute Radio?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 08:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B180CDi
Question Does Becker mute Radio?

I have just purchased a B180 and added the "fully integrated" Becker Map Pilot.

On my car the Becker's voice instructions do not silence the radio when giving Nav instructions, in fact the radio's volume seems to remain unchanged. (The radio IS fully muted when the telephone is in use). Yes - I have selected the menu option to fade radio sound.

I am amazed that the radio sound is not cut off while hearing the Becker speak. The Service man at the Mercedes main dealer gave me a lot of total c**p about it being a separate module so there's no control connection to the central system! If that were the case why is there an option to cut the audio, how does the map manage to appear on the screen, how does the rotary controller work - and why do Mercedes advertise it as being fully integrated?

I would be very grateful if anyone else with the Becker Map Pilot would confirm if this is normal behaviour?

PS: I was also very surprised after the recent clock change to find that the Becker was giving me time of arrival 1 hour out. I had to manually set the time on the car for the Becker to give correct arrival times! The Becker receives GPS time to a tiny fraction of a second, and knows the country I'm in, so I'm amazed I have to manually adjust it via the car settings!! I thought Mercedes/Becker were supposed to be advanced manufacturers??