Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Problems with Aux Input

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2004, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Mercedes SL55
Problems with Aux Input

I'm not much of an electronics person, so I'm hoping I can get some assistance here. I bought the Delphi Roady XM Radio receiver. Pretty nice and small. It has a standard mini-jack audio out, which I plugged into the AUX input inside of my glove compartment. I'm currently running electricity from the cigarette jack, and the antenna is run up through the moulding to right above the front window (I'm driving an SL55). Everything was set up nice and sweet.

Unfortunately, I'm getting some sort of electronic interference which causes this high pitch whine as the engine accelerates.

Does anyone know what gives? Is there a filter I should run between aux out and aux in?

HELP.
Old 01-10-2004, 01:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i535
I heard something about a Ground Loop Isolator which you can buy at Radioshack. It can help, but I'm uncertain.
Old 01-17-2004, 06:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Mercedes SL55
Dema...thanks. I purchased the Ground-Loop Isolator from Radio Shack and it did the trick. I have near CD-quality sound coming out of my SL55's system from the XM Radio. I almost gave up, but thanks to your advice it's perfect. I also run my iPod through the AUX, and although the noise wasn't bad, the Isolator fixed it perfectly.