Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Bluetooth 30 Pin iPod iPhone Adapters? Which one? A2DP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 01:28 PM
SPONSOR

Received 798 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
Bluetooth 30 Pin iPod iPhone Adapters? Which one? A2DP

hello,
i'm sure quite a few of you have installed 30 pin iPod / iPhone A2DP bluetooth adapters.

can you please list which brand/model you have, and how the sound quality is? I just installed a iPod interface into my 2007 E63 AMG W211 and purchased a NAXA NAB-4000 Bluetooth v3.0 device and the sound quality is horrible. Any frequencies mids and lows are not being transmited. Basically it sounds like your listening to music off a radio from the 80's.

when i plug in the NAXA NAB-4000 into my BOSE Sound Dock it sounds perfectly fine. Thinking that maybe I need a 12v to 5v converter, or this unit just doesn't support Mercedes vehicles. Anybody have the Auris FreeDa Bluetooth v4.0 adapter?

just looking for another Bluetooth adapter that works for you all so i can attempt.

Thanks!

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com
Old 01-14-2015, 07:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
i think everyone has tried some form of this and it is intermittent or not at all
Old 01-14-2015, 07:41 PM
SPONSOR

Received 798 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
well I bought a NAXA NAB-4000 which support bluetooth 4.0, and the sound quality is horrible on the W211. it also doesn't support track name or music library display.

i've been told that the ViseeO Tune2Air works well and sounds great. From what I gather this is the only one that actually displays track information, as well as phone library on screen if iPhone.

i haven't been able to find any other device that clearly states library support and track name support. or even album art.

Tune2Air's library support is rather slow though from what i've seen as it is a bluetooth 2.0 device.

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com