Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

faulty steering wheel heater

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2004 | 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce

My steering wheel heater does not work. The car has been at the dealer for 5 days. They don't know what is wrong and how to fix it. I am afraid they are going to mess things up further. Has anyone had a faulty steering wheel heater and if so I'll wellcome any comments.

Ted
Old 01-13-2004 | 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E250D
I have not but thought of retrofitting one to my c class if possible. I will have to look into it further though. Also, Ted, are you the one who added the rear camera
Old 01-14-2004 | 04:46 PM

Originally posted by patrick
Ehm,...just one more little detail, if your car has the heated steering wheel option and the VIN number is between 219405 and 380430, it may be possible that the steering wheel heating does not work anymore at lower temperatures due to a faulty heated steering wheel control unit. Units marked with "Q6" are good.
Old 01-14-2004 | 07:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
Also, Ted, are you the one who added the rear camera

.........Yes I have the rear view camera in my CLK. Will instal same in the G55 next week. steering wheel heater problem not yet solved. Dealer is waiting for a "control module" whatever that is. They have been working on the wrong module all this time. Meaning they have been messing with an item in the car that has NOTHING to do with the steering wheel heater and wondering why they can't fix the heater. The claim they had the wrong diagram for the location of the module. This is the DEALER!!!!!. Can you believe. Anyway, at least they told the truth. I just hope that whatever they messed with works properly after I pick up my car.

Ted
Old 01-14-2004 | 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E250D
Ted,

can you tell me how to wire my system so the camere comes up with the reverse gear on. I have the Tuner installed in my c320 with the comand. Check it out at
My SITE