Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Worth the cost to upgrade ONLY the amplifier?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 04:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
Question Worth the cost to upgrade ONLY the amplifier?

I have a C300 with the basic non-upgraded audio system and while its okay I could use something a little better. I'm good at installing/repairing auto parts so I know I could do the work. My question is, if I were to take a Logic 7 amplifier and install it and NOT upgrade the speakers, would the sound quality be noticeably better? Or does it not matter if the speakers are not upgraded as well. I don't really want to rip apart my interior to install new speakers.
Old 03-08-2015, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W221/S550
Additional/more power is one of the best upgrades one can do to improve the sound quality.

Speakers & a better source unit (or a sound processor of some sort) would come after.

Providing that the stock speeakers can handle the additional power you will here the difference.

With a Logic 7 amp.......I think that may have more speaker outputs than you have speakers in your car (with the basic audio system) .....with that being said its not the best thing for an amp to be running without all of its outputs sensing a load (speaker)

A good quality aftermarket amp may be a better choice for your situation.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
I love when they start off I'm good at installing/repairing auto parts so I know I could do the work. My question is,