Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Own iPod? Please vote for ICElink

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2004 | 10:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i535
Own iPod? Please vote for ICElink

Visit
http://densionusa.com/merchant/merch...de=IA_Mercedes
and vote for adapter for your car, hopefully we can collect enough votes to get it in production, full control of iPod from steering wheel. To avoid possible SPAM in your box, just create a fake box for the vote.
Old 01-25-2004 | 10:28 PM
Almost a Member!

'08 C300
Those ICElink things are pretty neat, though I dont see one happening anytime soon with the 2003- MB cars. Since the newer MB have the fiber optic MOST system, i imagine a converter would have to be present and it might not be cost effective. But hey, fun concept though.

What I'm interested in learning, is... Since Becker makes the OEM MB stereos, could I get an aftermarket Becker stereo with the RCA AUX ins and have the remote control connection be compatible with my steering wheel controls? that would rule the world. no control of iPod, but oh well.
www.becker.de

Thanks for any info in advance..

Chris
Old 01-26-2004 | 11:25 AM

C230
The site doens't mention what version of the iPod it would be compatible with. Gen 1/2 or Gen 3.
Old 01-26-2004 | 12:19 PM
MTI
MBWorld Fanatic!

'85 190E 2.3-16 '99 C280 '11 GLK350
Alpine has already announced that some of their new HU's will support the iPod, including using the HU's controls to operate the iPod and display the track information on the Hu's LCD panel.
Old 01-26-2004 | 01:40 PM
Almost a Member!

'08 C300
Originally posted by MTI
Alpine has already announced that some of their new HU's will support the iPod, including using the HU's controls to operate the iPod and display the track information on the Hu's LCD panel.
Right, It works much like like the COMMAND 2.0 system for the MB cars... It has an AUX RCA INPUT... But the interface with song titles and such is pretty cool. Apple has a very large developer support group. They want people to design cool stuff to work with their products (hats off to Apple in my book).

Here's my ultimate lust: (In some kinda of order)

1) Maintain steering wheel control of in dash head unit (volume, CD track, etc.)

2) Have RCA outputs from the head unit to run to my amps. (maybe even a variable sub out too???)

3) An aux input on the in dash unit to dial up and run my iPod into. I dont mind changing songs with the iPod alone (just takes my eyes off the road). But really aren't the girlies in the passenger and back seats in charge of that anyways... OK.

In regards to which generation iPod it's compatible with, i know the firewire port changed some, but i think the headphone 'remote' connection has remained the same and should be cross compatible. who knows.

Thanks a bunch for any suggestions!

Chris